HELPING A LEGAL GIANT REDEFINE ITS VISION
SITUATION – To Stay or Go?
Akerman, that was occupying 118,000 RSF and had an option to terminate its lease, was considering a move. However:
- Few office options existed with the required space
- Staying in current premises would involve extensive and costly renovations
STRATEGY – A Case for Moving
The Blanca team got busy. We:
- Engaged in extensive evaluation of costs related to renewing lease
- Conducted in-depth market research to assess costs of moving
- Recommended moving based on significant savings in total cost of occupancy, while securing occupancy in Brickell’s newest class A office tower with top building sign
- Moved strategically with concurrent negotiations and created competition for tenant’s occupancy
RESULTS – A Winning Outcome
Akerman’s objectives were surpassed, tight deadlines met in record time, and by adopting new seating standards and leasing almost an entire new building, Akerman spearheaded a major shift in the “standard culture” of Miami’s law firms.